In collaboration with Howard University, our Certified Phlebotomist performs venipuncture, labels samples, organizes, and sends samples to laboratories for testing.
To Enhance Your Services, the Certified Phlebotomist:
- Completes a 16-week training program within the Metropolitan Academic Center of Excellence.
- Must successfully pass the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board examination.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Is trained on hospital emergency codes and procedures.
- Performs general administrative tasks including answering phones, providing general information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Remains up-to-date on facility safety, emergency, and general operating procedures.