Our Healthcare Ambassadors are responsible for providing excellent customer service and creating an atmosphere of exceptional experience for all patients, visitors, and staff.
The Benefits of Discharge Ambassador Services Include:
- Checks-in with the nurse assigned to the discharging patient to confirm their presence and that the patient is cleared to leave.
- Greets each patient with a welcoming smile.
- Introduces themselves to the patient and verbalizes, in advance, how and when they are going to physically touch the patient to assist them in/out of a wheelchair.
- Assists patient from bed/chair into wheelchair.
- Assists with collecting patient belongings as needed.
- If the patient's driver utilized valet parking, the Ambassador will call down to the valet stand to notify them of the impending departure.
- Accompanies patient to the on-campus hospital pharmacy prior to departure as needed.
- Accompanies and remains with discharged patient until they have been properly released to their transportation home.
- Documents and monitors all escorts and guest interactions with the use of handheld electronic devices.
- Is trained on hospital emergency codes and procedures.
- Can be cross-trained as Patient Safety Associate (PSA).