MHS Executives/Administrative Assistants Course Overview provides competency and proficiency based training for employees seeking to become Administrative Assistants.
The Benefits of Executive Administrative Program (EAP) Include:
- Business Communication - A thorough discussion of all facets of communication delivery and business related formats. The students will delve into business letters, letter structure, proof reading, grammar, and punctuation.
- Basic Principles of Communication -Communication is a two-way process of giving and receiving information through any number of channels. Whether one is speaking informally to a colleague, addressing a conference/meeting, writing a newsletter article, an email, or formal report, the student shall be instructed on appropriate communication principles.
- Information Management - We will encourage and apply techniques to enhance computer skills. Our class will discuss usage of Microsoft products as they pertain to administrative assistant position. The assistant will be required to research information from several sources. The assistant will ensure that all communications are kept confidential.
- The most utilized source will be through the company's intranet or internal operations systems. In addition, the assistant may need to access information from the internet. The administrative assistant will be called upon to use word processing software to manage information. The software will provide access to create different types of communicative documents; for example, business letters, invoices, and memos.
- The Executive/Administrative Assistant may also manage information and communicate important information through Microsoft Excel, Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Power Point, Adobe, and Quickbooks to name a few. The assistant will file, move files, and maintain information for the organization as required by the organization.