Our PBX Operators are responsible for providing excellent customer service and creating a virtual atmosphere of exceptional experience for all patients, visitors, and staff.
To Enhance Your Services, the PBX Operator:
- Answers incoming calls immediately with scripted salutations and messaging.
- Performs general administrative tasks including answering phones, providing general information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Responds to callers' inquiries or concerns with courtesy, patience, and a sense of urgency.
- Provides visitors with patient room information and directions as permitted by the facility guidelines.
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Operates communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Remains up-to-date on facility safety, emergency, and general operating procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital events, layout of the facility, assistance with external transportation, and general information about the area and businesses surrounding the facility.
- Assists maintaining the cleanliness, comfort, and appearance of assigned work area.
- Is trained on hospital emergency codes and procedures.
- Can be cross-trained as an Ambassador.